- Published on Thursday, 31 March 2011 00:00
- Written by CEO Staff
On March 31, 2011, the American Constitution Society and the Center for American Progress brought together leading thinkers to discuss current challenges to birthright citizenship and provide historical perspective to the debate about what the 14th Amendment guarantees.
The panel featured:
- Moderator, Sam Fulwood III, Senior Fellow, Center for American Progress
- Linda Chavez, Chairman, Center for Equal Opportunity
- Garrett Epps, Professor of Law, University of Baltimore School of Law
- James Ho, Partner, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP; former Solicitor General of Texas
- Elizabeth Wydra, Chief Counsel, Constitutional Accountability Center; author of "Born Under the Constitution: Why Recent Attacks on Birthright Citizenship are Unfounded"
For a transcript, click here.